Illawarra Legal Centre
Phone: 02 4276 1939
Fax: 02 4276 1978
Telephone interpreter TIS
13 14 50

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service. For more information, visit:

Tenants Service
Phone:02 4274 3475
Freecall: 1800 807 225
Fax: 02 42743491

The Illawarra Legal Centre is a member of the National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC) and is based in Warrawong, a southern suburb of Wollongong, NSW.



The Illawarra Legal Centre produces a range of pamphlets, wallet cards and booklets about our services, and about the law and your rights.


Online Access:

Please click here to: DOWNLOAD CURRENT PUBLICATIONS  by the Illawarra Legal Centre FREE of charge.


For Hard Copy Access: 

Please contact us on 4276 1939 to order FREE of charge 




References for Legal Aid (CLSP) Funding Tender 2018


Illawarra Legal Centre flipcard
Provides contact details, phone advice times and brief descriptions of ILC services. Wallet size.

Illawarra Legal Centre multilingual flyers
Provides contact details and a brief description of ILC services in Arabic, Bosnian, Burmese, Chinese, Croation, French, Greek, Italian, Macedonian, Portuguese, Serbian, Spanish, Swahili, Turkish and Vietnamese.

Do you need help with the law? Information about free legal services in NSW


Domestic Violence

Getting an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO)
Provides details of the process and information about where to get help.

AVO’s and Older Women
Information about getting an AVO and staying safe at home. Versions also available for Aboriginal women, in Macedonian, Portuguese, Chinese, Italian and Turkish.


Credit and Debt

Money Matters (booklet)
A plain English guide to consumer rights for people in NSW.


Welfare Rights

Relationships and Centrelink – Frequently Asked Questions
Information about a person’s rights and obligations when receiving income support payments from Centrelink.


Child Support

Getting Enough Child Support?
Information about child support payments.

Private Child Support Agreements
Information about agreements and where to get help.


Family Law Factsheets

While we don't provide advice in Family Law, we do provide the following factsheets for interested persons:

  • What is Shared Parental Responsibility?
  • Contravention - Breaching Court Orders
  • Passports and Travel
  • Recovery Orders
  • Changing Existing Parenting Orders
  • Grandparents and Family Law
  • Agreements in Family Law Matters: Parenting Plans and Consent Orders
  • Urgent Applications and Interim Orders
  • Relocation
  • Who Can Help With Family Law Questions
  • Best Interests of the Child
  • Changing Your Child's Surname
  • Interim Hearings and Orders


Young People

Children’s Court Assistance Scheme (CCAS) wallet card
Information about the CCAS service and attending Children’s Court.

Tenants Service

Tenants Service
General information pamphlet about the different types of service, phone advice times and contact details.

Tenants Services card
Information about types of service, phone advice times and contact details. Wallet size.


Aboriginal Legal Access Program

Aboriginal Legal Access Program pamphlet


Phone Advice

All initial requests for advice from the Illawarra Legal Centre should be made through the telephone advice service:


Phone Advice Times